Dilapidated houses, old bridges, streets full of waste water and trash, any passing vehicles kicking up dust on their way to the Champa Ling Monastery... This used to be the impression people had of Chamdo, east Tibet before 2012. However, the region today has transformed from its old, backward state and is now a new city with “advanced industries, robust businesses, complete facilities, full functions, and wonderful environment.”Photo shows Chamdo’s new look.
- New look of Chamdo, east Tibet
- Geminids Meteor Shower occurrs in Qinghai
- Swans seen in Yellow River wetland in China's Qinghai
- Tibetan antelopes seen in Qiangtang National Nature Reserve
- Black-necked crane in Shangri-La, SW China
- First cross-river bridge on Lhasa-Nyingchi section of Sichuan-Tibet Railway starts track laying
- Sichuan-Tibet Railway climbs from Sichuan Basin to "Roof of the World"
- First Trans-Himalaya Biking Extreme Race kicks off